July 6, 2012
HTI Polymer sent out a couple of people to paint the units and managed to paint all of the paint we had on hand and finished 5 units and the ceilings on the 6th, plus 1st coated the walls. We are continuing to paint the bathrooms, laundries and kitchen ourselves. Exterior paint finished up on the upper floors in front and scaffolding was removed. Exterior paint was worked on at ground level in front and 1st coat is 90%.
- Laminate flooring completed (except transitions) in #5 and started in #6. Sheet vinyl complete in #1, 4, 5, & 6. Underlayment finished in all units.
- Millwork and doors scheduled for 3 units to be delivered Tuesday and the other 3 units on the 12th.
- Trusses delivered on Thursday and we started on the lower roofs, completing unit "a", 80% on "b" and 60% in "c" (slider door roofs).
- Waiting on 1 more bid before selecting a sub - contractor to set the upper roof trusses. They should start next week.
Wetlands - Weeded and mowed entire mitigation area.
Work next week will include; roof framing, exterior painting, interior painting, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring, interior doors, millwork, and maybe electrical trim (if we can find a journeyman).
July 13, 2012
- Units 4,5,& 6 have all vinyl floors complete and masked. 4 & 5 have the laminate flooring complete and masked. #6 has the 3rd floor complete and the main floor 90%.
- All 3 units have doors and millwork started (LF5 (2)). All units have electrical trim started and #1 is nearly complete.
- We had a volunteer journeyman come this week and work with John to get us rolling. He is planning to come back, but is expecting to be working soon, so might only be available on Saturdays in the future. Hoping for more electrician next week.
- We could probably finish electrical trim in 4-5 days if we can keep the 1 electrician/ 2 trainee ratio required by law.
- Work on the soffits and trim over the front and garage doors is progressing with the last of the Hardie panel installed and batts started.
- The sub- contractors are framing the upper roof trusses and have 80% set and sheeting started.
- We had stopped working on the lower roofs because of the overhead hazards created by the work being done by the subs, but were able to work on the ADA unit roof (LF7 (2)) on Saturday with Dave Sanford and a volunteer donating hours to the family moving into the unit.
- They should finish this week and we will try to catch up so the roofers can be scheduled.
Wetlands/ site work - On Wednesday we cleared out all of the weeds clogging the neighbor’s fences and mowed some more grassy areas.
Saturday we performed maintenance on the plastic covering the dirt piles, cleaned the streets, and rearranged the fencing to combine the office trailer yard and LF7's fenced area. The fence panel leftover after the change allowed us to fence in the Boeing donation of OSB, which was also protected by a new carport tent.
July 20, 2012
Work this week will include; roof framing, exterior fire rock, exterior foam board, millwork, painting, and wetlands weeding.
- Cabinets are installed in the kitchens of #4 & 6 and the bathrooms of 5. All flooring is complete in all units (less carpeting). Most doors are in and millwork started in all units.
- Exterior painting continues.
- Electrical trim is progressing with 2 different journeyman electricians volunteering and a 5th year apprentice, who can work unsupervised.
- The roof framing continues with us framing the lower roofs and a sub- contractor working on the upper roofs.
- Electrical trim is progressing well. All of the outlets, most of the switches, and some of the lighting are installed.
- We will have a journeyman on Saturdays and a 5th year apprentice who can work un-supervised 5 days a week.
- We got a little more exterior painting completed before the weather changed.
- 90% of the millwork, most of the closet doors, and the entire pre- hung door are completed and paint prep (caulk and spackle) began in 3 units.
- Cabinets were continued by AmeriCorps today and 1 kitchen was completed and the upper cabinets hung in a second unit.
- The sub- contractors returned and finished the roof sheeting.
- We will need to call them back to fix a few things before inspection.
- We continued working on the lower roofs and are down to the sheeting on the roof in the back and the entire roof over the front door of unit "e".
- All of the decks are framed and sub- floored and most of the side walls are built.
- We started the DOW foam insulation board, the fire room, and pick up framing throughout.
Wetlands/ site work -
A good portion of the wetlands was weeded on Friday. Angle parking stalls were painted in the street/ sidewalk and improved parking immediately. The site was cleaned up and the garbage loaded in the flatbed for a dump run.
Work next week will include; exterior painting, roof framing, decks walls, cabinets, interior paint prep, electrical trim, and maybe tile.