Habitat for Humanity of East King County
Title: Driver – The Habitat Store
Reports to: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
The Habitat Store Driver performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe and efficient transportation to and from destinations for product pickups and deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned by the Store Manager)
- to assume responsibility for care and maintenance of vehicle inside and out
- to drive vehicle in a safe manner at all times, always wearing seat belt, and to follow all safety regulations and precautions
- to drive vehicle to appointed destinations representing Habitat for Humanity in a professional manner
- to deal effectively and professionally with customers and employees
- ability to map driving destinations in a timely and efficient manner
- to complete applicable paper work accurately and timely per company guidelines
- to keep management informed of required maintenance for the vehicle and reports any mechanical problems in a timely manner
- ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
- ability to communicate with associates and customers
- ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries.
- physical ability to stand for extended periods
- move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
- ability to read maps, follow specific delivery directions and instructions, determine cost efficient routes and time efficient scheduling of deliveries.
- driver must satisfy the completion of a background check per HfHEKC policy, verification of business reference checks, and providing proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- good oral and written communication skills
- read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions
- ability to operate store equipment in assigned area computer, forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc).
- appropriate Drivers License Required.
- minimum High School Diploma or equivalency, Associate Degree preferred.
- willing to have a flexible schedule and able to work weekends as needed
Please send resumes to Molly Jacobson, Assistant Store Manager at email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity of East King County is firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and will provide such opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual preference, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.