Power is hooked up and turned on to temp outlets in the units. Gas underground is in, but 1 conduit came unglued and 1 gas line failed test. We are trying to get Bob's come back and fix it and then connect to the meters. They also need to connect to the furnace before we can have heat.
Sheetrock hangers are almost done. They think they will finish today. Inspection is scheduled for Monday and Marc will come in for that. Taping won't start until we have heat.
Final coat of paint is on the third floor in the front. We will take down the top of the scaffolding next week and continue painting if the weather allows.
Insulation ordered for the last 3 units, delivery on Wednesday.
We had a Thrivent group out and built a third exterior wall.
Work on framing resumed as we wrapped up insulation and air sealing in LF 5. Interior walls are done in "e" and a couple more walls were completed in other units.
We had a wetlands inspection and we are doing OK, but need to start weeding again.
Work next week will include; framing walls, prepping for Women Build, exterior painting, insulation, sheetrock scrapping, and wetlands weeding.
|Volunteer team from |
Thursday, again! Gas was being hooked up and they needed sand and dirt brought to fill in the trenches, while Steve was waiting for us to put the conduit in the road, we had 7 volunteers and the AmeriCorps left for training, an inspection, the Norris NRI project, and the wires installed last week were too short so we had to replace them...
Gas is hooked to 2 units and the HVAC contractor is scheduled to come back on Tuesday to hook up the other 4.
Power will be connected on or before Friday the 27th.
Insulation finished and will be inspected for our Green Building requirements on Monday.
Sheetrock will begin on Tuesday.
We trenched across the road and installed conduit for the future connection.
Ruth noticed there wasn't fire rock on the end of a wall. When they took it down not only was the fire rock missing there was no sill gasket. It was repaired and stood back up.
We cleaned all of the catch basin filters, swept the road, back filled some trenches, and fixed up some split rail fence.
In the wetlands we planted some trees and shrubs to replace dead plants.
Work next week will include; exterior painting, framing, fire rock exterior cantilevers, and site work.
On Thursday Kristina left for Minnesota, the Norris NRI project started, Steve began digging up the street, the AmeriCorps left at lunch for a meeting, the PSE inspector came a day early, and we found out the sewer connection was under the power conduit. Whew!
Ready for gas and power connections. Power inspection on Monday (if I come in) or Tuesday. Gas should be next week? Steve tore out the street and trenched across in 2 locations and we installed conduits and back filled.
We had an OK number in 1 blower door test and a complete fail in the other. We pressurized the unit and walked around feeling for leaks. They were all coming through the attic, so we started wall insulation and resealed the attics. Insulation is 80% complete in 3 units, with mostly the garage ceilings left to do.
We got some more painting done.
We made a little progress on the Thrivent house with our regular Thrivent member and got another exterior wall built and stood. We also worked a little on "b" with overflow volunteers.
|Volunteers from Holy Spirit Lutheran|
church frame our Thrivent ADA unit
We finally pulled the alarm wires and are ready for installation. We also built the wall props and painted the breakfast guys.
Work next week will include; insulation, wall framing, painting, and site work.
We passed our framing inspection. first try! Saturday afternoon reached 65F and we painted.
|AmeriCorps Phil leads the US Coast Guard|
team in putting the finishing touches on the
Sheetrock delivered for 3 units and ceilings hung on Friday. Today we air sealed inside the attics and are ready for the practice blower door test on Tuesday. If we pass the test, insulation begins Wednesday.
The gas utility contractor came by on Thursday and says work can begin maybe the week of 17th. Steve will be coming back next week to trench for power.
Air sealing continues...
Painting and paint prep resumed after we made achieved our deadlines (and got nice weather).
We installed the stairs in "a" and raised the party walls.
Unit "b" had part of its party wall raised and the other half built.
Still haven't made time to do the prep work for the alarm system. Will try to get it done next week.
Passed the Soos Creek utility site inspection on Tuesday.
Work next week will include; wall framing, air sealing, painting, power trenching, insulation, alarm prep, and maybe weeding the wetlands.
|This year's AmeriCorps team and Site Staff who worked hard |
to complete the final two homes in the Issaquah Highlands
Next week we will finish the remaining punch-lists and touch ups and remove the remaining items from the storage yard. Final inspections will begin next week.
Patterson Park Unit D-3:
Next week we should be able to finish the wall painting and start doors and mill work.