La Fortuna, Renton
Floor sheeting in two units began on Saturday. The stair landings are progressing and stairs are ready to begin. One goal is to have enough stairs in before next Saturday so the group coming with under 18 year old volunteers can safely access the level of work available at that time. Floor joists are still going in in 3 units and will probably be 100% complete next week.
Wall framing in the garage level is 95% complete and the finishing touches will be saved for volunteers uncomfortable with work on the 2nd floor.
Work this week:
- Floor joists and beams
- Wall blocking
- Floor blocking
- Stairs and landings
- Floor sheeting
- Continued siding. Panel was installed on the front and the north gable is 95% complete.
- Caulking and spackling continued on the exterior.
- Some exterior painting was continued.
- Pre-rock and insulation was installed in 3A garage for HVAC to continue next week.
- Electrical rough-in continues.
- Siding continued on the front stairwell areas.
- Painting is nearly complete on the south gable. Painting was also worked on in the porch areas.
- Electrical is complete. The inspection did not pass but the corrections were made and will be re-inspected next week.
- Framing work has started!
- About half of the mudsills were cut and installed.
- Next week we will be ordering framing materials to begin the garage framing.
- Work on the framing will be minimal but will progress the building along so that we have a floor built by the beginning of May.
Work this week:
- We will be continuing siding and hopefully painting on buildings 3 & 4.
- Pre-rock for building 3 will be completed. Some framing will continue on building 5.
- Some site work to prepare building 5 foundation for more extensive work. It is currently being used for storing materials and ladders and will need to be cleared.
- HVAC and electrical rough-in will continue on building 3.