Meet Robert NielsenRobert Nielsen has been out to our La Fortuna, Renton site nearly every day for the last two months to provide pro bono electrical work. He heard about the volunteer opportunity through his electrical apprenticeship and was excited that he was able to help people while also working on his electrical trainee hours. As a life-long resident of King County, Robert is glad he has had the opportunity to help the people of his community in such a practical way. Thank you Robert for everything you do for Habitat and the community!
Interview with Robert Nielsen
What aspects of volunteering with Habitat have you enjoyed the most?
- I really enjoyed reading the brief bio of each family who would own the home. It was encouraging to know who would live where I was working.
What, if any, skills have you gained?
- I gained skills relating specifically to residential wiring which I have not learned in my commercial wiring apprenticeship.
Any other ways you would be interested in getting involved?
- I would like to shop at a Habitat store when possible. In the future, I would like to bring my family to volunteer for a day.
What about Habitat’s mission is attractive to you?
- I like that Habitat provides affordable housing for hard-working people.
What other interests/hobbies etc. do you have?
- I enjoy hiking and camping with my beautiful wife and one year old son.